Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Graduation Day June 30th 2008

Friends and family and many supporters came to the magnificent old Eltham Town Hall to witness the Graduation of thirty-seven people from Computers in Homes.
All of the guest speakers acknowledged the huge achievement of the graduates and congratulated them on their success.
The mayor of South Taranaki District, Ross Dunlop, MP Harry Duynhoven, MP Chester Borrows, MP Tariana Turia and National Computers in Homes Coordinator Di Das spoke in a ceremony that graduates will remember for a long time.
Said one graduate: "I thought it was not going to be a big deal. We'd come along, someone would hand us a certificate, we'd all shake hands, have lunch and go home. I didn't even change outta my old clothes.
Then I walked into the hall, and Whoa, it IS a big deal. I was so embarrassed that I was in my old clothes.
It was a REALLY big deal."

No comments:

Free Links from Bravenet.comFree Links from Bravenet.com